Pioneers in SRI, ESG, and impact investing.
Services | Investment portfolio management and related financial planning. Minimum for onboarding new clients: $1 million investable value total of a household or organization accounts..
Team Biographies | Eric Smith Ryan Jones-Casey
Locations | Serving investors across the US from Washington State and Minnesota
With decades of experience, our office provides high-touch service to individuals, organizations, and families, many of whom we have served for decades. Your values, your mission, your money, the world you want.
Individuals, families, and organizations we serve…
- Appreciate working with our professional advisors who provide competent financial guidance, perspective, and portfolio management.
- Have access to solutions that invest up to 100% of assets towards furthering people and planet friendly priorities.
- Save time by delegating the coordination and oversight of financial services.
- Have access to services including portfolio management, high impact private debt and equity, proxy voting, shareholder advocacy, donor advised funds, pooled community investments, and financial independence retirement planning.
Together, we are participating in the evolution and growth of a true global movement. The US Forum for Sustainable and Responsible Investment reports that overall $17 trillion is invested as of 2020 using one or more impact investment strategies. This represents one out of every three dollars under professional money management in the US and a 42% increase in assets since 2018.
A world where businesses are accountable and serve people and planet. A world where the economy serves all stakeholders—workers, citizens, owners, all living things, and a planet to sustain them. Using the tools of socially responsible investing we can attain that world.
Serve individuals, families, and organizations that want their money better aligned with how they want to see the world. Use suitable and prudent investment strategies, favoring investments that are better at managing their environmental sustainability, labor and supply chain practices, corporate governance, and are open to improving their policies and practices in those areas via dialog with shareholders and other stakeholders.
We live in a world where some people inadvertently allow their money and investments to work in the economy at random, almost as if it doesn’t matter. But it does. Investing and ownership come with responsibility, including active engagement.
Where and how we invest matters, it matters a great deal. The principles and strategies of sustainable socially responsible investing give us the tools to build a new economy. More of us are buying and eating local, wasting less, getting involved. Now we can invest our savings with intention.
We do not give in to a false narrative telling us change cannot happen. Together we engage in proven strategies, including considering environmental, social, and governance performance; shareholder engagement; and integration of socially responsible investment performance factors.
- Live and act according to deeply held values
- Remember the natural world and learn from it
- Recognize interconnectedness, interdependence, and social responsibility
- Support a peaceful fair economy that values and respects all people and ecological practices
- Support human rights through tolerance, diversity, and community
- Protect and participate in political and economic democracy
- Invest with intention, on purpose
Are you involved with a mission-aligned organization that values people and planet? Contact us to learn how you can help your organization better align its endowment and other investments.
Mission-aligned 501(c)3 non-profit partners we support include US SIF Foundation, Green America, As You Sow, ImpactAssets. Please consider supporting their strategic work with your charitable giving plans this year.
Natural Investments serves all classes of individuals, regardless of age, race, color, national origin, citizenship status (subject to custodian policy), disability, religiosity or freedom from such, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, economic status, veteran status. Whether you come from privilege and have been fortunate, or are oppressed and denied power and privilege in society, we encourage you to inquire how you can participate in the socially responsible investment movement with your money and financial planning decisions.